According to the World Health Organization, patient empowerment is defined as a process through which people gain greater control over decisions and actions affecting their health. What does this mean exactly? While medical providers obviously focus on having their patient’s best interest at heart, there’s no better advocate for yourself and your family than - you guessed it - yourself! Being able to have a say in the healthcare decisions for you and your family has been made easier with better communication with your healthcare providers, a more vital understanding of care, and easy access to patient portals, schedules, and health records.
With TriMed Complete, patient engagement tools are built into the all-in-one software suite. Allowing patients to book appointments when convenient for them, access health records, complete health forms, and pay their bills online are just a handful of ways that TriMed allows patients to be empowered. Check below for other available features that put your patients in control.
- Real-time booking: TriMed offers the ability for patients to request and book appointments online through the Patient Portal. A patient can book an appointment that will automatically get added to a common schedule or a specific provider schedule. These appointments will appear in real-time so there are no overlapping or incorrect slots being booked.
- Booking Wizard and Prompts: The Booking Wizard guides patients through custom questions to determine booking options allowing them to book Well Visits on Well Visit Slots, and Sick Visits on Sick Visit Slots.
- Email/SMS: Upon booking an appointment patients will be emailed or sent a text message with confirmation details and a map to the practice.
- Completing Check-in and Cancellations: TriMed allows patients to complete the check-in process (such as verifying personal information, verifying insurance, filling out forms, and paying copays) online. The Patient Portal can also be set up to allow online cancellation of appointments.
- TriMed’s Patient Portal was developed with patients in mind. The Patient Portal can be accessed on a PC or Mac as well as any phone or tablet, at any time, day or night.
- Practices that use Patient Messaging cut down on patient phone calls to and from their practice and experience improved overall connectedness to patients. With quicker response times patient needs are met faster than before, and patient satisfaction and empowerment increase.
- Replying to Patient Messages: Clinical staff can compose and reply to patient messages right inside the Patient chart. Here they can easily view the message string while also being able to easily review the patient’s chart for a quick reference to the patient’s medical history.
- TriMed’s Check-In Module allows patients to check in from home or the parking lot.
- From their phones, patients can click a link to confirm that they are coming to an appointment. At this time they can also verify their patient information, and pharmacy information, verify that their insurance is up to date, fill out patient forms, and even pay their copay. All of this can be done before they reach your practice on the day of their appointment.
- Once they complete the check-in process they will receive another link that can be clicked within an hour of their appointment to be marked arrived at the practice. Now the patient has completed the check-in process and is marked arrived without staff intervention or waiting in line.
Patients want to be respected, cared for and most importantly, heard. With the proper technology in place, your providers can focus on patient care without worrying about information blocking. The right EHR will allow transparency of patient care plans thus empowering patients each step of the way.